This one is a big favorite for my family! An alternative for preparation/cooking is at the end. This recipe can use sausage or beef.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 15"x9" baking pan
- 1 box uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff!)
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs cooked and drained bulk sweet Italian sausage OR lean ground beef
- 1-2 jars sauce
- oregano, crushed red pepper, diced garlic, minced onion, sea salt, basil
- Heat oven to 375º.
- In large bowl, mix egg, ricotta, sour cream, diced garlic, and minced onion.
- Brown sausage with diced garlic, crushed red pepper, sea salt, oregano, and basil.
- In second large bowl, toss parmesaean and 3 cups of mozzarella together.
- Lightly grease baking pan and spread sauce along bottom of pan.
- Layer uncooked noodles, ricotta mix, meat, cheese mix, and sauce. Repeat layering, ending with sauce and the last of the cheese.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake.
- For single-serving lasagna rolls, follow steps 1-4. For step 5, prepare lasagna noodles and lightly layer them one time as laid out in step 5 above. Roll each noodle and cover each with sauce and cheese before baking.
The Mama's Kitchen http://themamaskitchen.multifacetedmama.com/