This is a really yummy chicken dish with a tropical twist!
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- skinless/boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 20oz can of pineapple slices (in juice)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 tsp chicken bouillion granules
- jasmine rice
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Spray large skillet with no-stick spray and heat.
- Coat both sides of chicken with flour and shake off excess.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides.
- Transfer browned chicken to a baking dish.
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine juice and add water to total 1¼ cup liquid.
- In a saucepan with a whisk, combine juice/water mixture, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and bouillion. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Slighlty reduce heat and gently boil for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour ½ of sauce over chicken and arrange pineapple slices on top of chicken. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake until chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Cook rice as suggested by package.
- This is really good with King's Hawaiian bread.
- Chicken may also be served without the rice.
The Mama's Kitchen http://themamaskitchen.multifacetedmama.com/