Eggless Shemar Balls
These meatballs are made without eggs and can be made with or without breadcrumbs. They are big and delicious and I named them inappropriately... Shemar Balls. They are big, dark and delicious just like Shemar Moore...!
Write a review
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 tbs EVOO per pound of ground beef
- seasonings (sea salt, crushed red pepper, basil, oregano, pepper, celery salt, etc.)
- diced garlic
- shredded mozzarella
- spaghetti sauce
- fine bread crumbs (optional)
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Work in EVOO.
- Season meat to taste.
- Form balls and refrigerate before baking. Take one half portion of a meatball and roll between hands to form small ball. Squish flat like a burger. Place a small pinch of cheese into the scenter and press into the meat. Take another half portion (rolled and squished ) and sandwich the cheese, pinching sides to seal. Roll into big ball and set aside.
- Prepare them for baking. With some sauce in a bowl, roll the meatballs to coat them lightly in sauce and place them on the pan. Sprinkle cheese over the tops of the meatballs. Bake,
- Serving Suggestion: Add more sauce and cheese and serve. These are very filling so they can be served without pasta as well.
- Size: about 2.5" diameter
The Mama's Kitchen http://themamaskitchen.multifacetedmama.com/